|About DSpace Software|
Technology has a great potential to change the way we live our lives. Numerous inventions over centuries have helped us to combat diseases and adapt our life to changing environmental complexities. As the developed economies leap frog to the next level of growth, the emerging economies are still struggling with lots of issues to manage in the realms of education, healthcare, transport, energy, environment, agriculture and shelter among others. There is still a large proportion of the population which is still struggling to have access to basic facilities in life. Addressing various challenges in developing nations is a key priority to work towards a scenario where people have an equitable access to resources. Here, technology can play a key role in making a difference to the lives of so many people providing a better quality of life. The Journal of Technology Management for Growing Economies (JTMGE) has therefore been created to assess and debate about relevant technologies which could bring about a change in growing economies.
JTMGE aims to provide refereed and usable research on a range of technology management issues relevant to growing economies. It aspires to create a platform for various stakeholders such as academies, research community, entrepreneurs, industry, government, civil society and NGO’s to participate, debate and contribute. JTMGE is targeted at researchers, academies, industry, policy makers, and entrepreneurs.
The focus of this journal is twofold:
1. Research that can be used.
2. Research which focuses on applications
The sectors that this journal focuses on ranges from services to manufacturing spanning from healthcare, education, telecommunication, transport, infrastructure, IT, software, pharmaceuticals, biotechnology, automobiles, energy etc. The papers could focus on conceptual and theoretical underpinnings, application based papers, empirical contributions. The case studies are particularly very welcome. The robustness of research is a key element. The journal would very much welcome contribution in areas such as sustainable development, energy, environment, sustainable entrepreneurship as themes underpinning technology development. The research featuring in the journal should essentially have qualitative implications as well. A good mix of qualitative and quantitative approaches would be desirable.
The Journal of Technology Management for Growing Economies is published by Chitkara University, Chandigarh and is published twice a year. It is available in full text in EBSCO, & GALE online databases and listed in the Ulrich Periodicals Directory and Cabell's Directory.
Themes coverage in JTMGE
• New and upcoming technologies and their application aspects in context of growing economies
• Competitiveness and Productivity
• Management of Innovation
• Technologies Clusters and their sustainability
• Technology for growing economies
• Patents and commercialisation
• Entrepreneurship especially in High Technology Segment.
• Environment and Unconventional Energy Development
• R&D management
• Auditing and apprising R&D institutions
• Strategic Management of R&D
• Managing Hi Tech Labs
• Financing of Technology Ventures
• IP issues in Technology is Growing Economies
• Internationalisation of Technology Research
• International technology transfer and licensing
• Emergency of new business models driven by technology
• Internet based businesses and sustainability
• Technology transfer and licensing
ISSN No. Print : 2320-2807
Periodicity :Bi- Annually
Collections in this community